Thank You To All Who Contributed Funds To Buy 14,336 Meals For Our Region’s Needy!
As a result of the generosity of NetEffects consultants and staff, some 14,336 meals is being provided to the region’s needy through the St. Louis Area Foodbank. Last quarter’s charitable effort was a fundraiser for our community’s premier hunger-relief organization. As a result of a direct appeal to our consultants and staff, we raised $1,792 for the St. Louis Area Foodbank that translates into the more than 14,000 meals.
To all who contributed, “thank you” because you fed a lot of hungry men, women and children. If you still want to help, donations are always needed: A $1 donation buys approximately $11 in food; that’s a pretty good return on investment.
To make a tax-deductible donation:
- By mail: checks to St. Louis Area Foodbank, 70 Corporate Woods Drive, St. Louis, MO 63044
- By email: go to their secure site: http://stlfoodbank.org/donate.html
By independent audit, 97 percent of all funds donated are used on food distribution, making the Foodbank one of the most efficient and effective charities in the region. America’s largest charity evaluator — Charity Navigator — rates the St. Louis Area Foodbank as a four-star charity for three consecutive years. Only 12 percent of charities evaluated even received four stars in two consecutive years.
Last year food was distributed to area needy families in the 14 Missouri and 12 Southern Illinois counties serviced out of the St. Louis facility.
Since 1975, the St. Louis Area Foodbank has distributed more than 13 million pounds of food each year through more than 500 community partners serving those in need throughout the bi-state area.
In June, the Foodbank opened a 92,000-foot facility near the Earth City Business Park. The larger facility will enable the Foodbank to immediately increase distribution 8-10 percent annually.
They also work through four community partners who help raise food donations:
- Boy Scouts of America, Greater St. Louis Council, through their “Scouting for Food” Campaign collects more than 1 million pounds of food annually for the St. Louis Area Foodbank and nearly two million pounds for the entire community in need.
- United Way of Greater St. Louis: The St. Louis Area Foodbank is proud to be one of the many United Way-funded agencies making a difference in our community.
- National Association of Letter Carriers Union, Branch 343, organizes an annual food drive to help “Stamp Out Hunger” in St. Louis. This drive is held each May and delivers 300,000 pounds of food to the St. Louis Area Foodbank each year.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA): The St. Louis Area Foodbank is the sole non-profit distributor of USDA commodities for both Eastern Missouri and Southwestern Illinois.